The Making of Audio Wagon (Aug 2008- August 13, 2009)

“You must be joking!” “Are you really serious?” “You’ll soon get over it.” I was expecting people around me to say this and similar stuff when I declared that I don’t want to work for a company (read another person) anymore, even when a respected training organisation gave me an offer and stock options. But the voices were all mine. The doubts personal and the feeling real. When I left my last role as the HR head of a group, I knew I was different. I felt different and unlike other times in the past when I would worry about my future, this time I felt absolutely confident. “I am never going to work for another man again” (or women for that matter). Sounds a little brash and stubborn …exactly the way it should be to be able to get this right. Shadab, Gaurav and I have dreamt of Audio Wagon earlier. Even gone to the extent of writing our mission statement, defining our vision, even participating in the Economic Times’ ‘Power of ideas’ contest and getting to the last but one level. This however had to happen the way it usually does…in a way one never imagines. Audio Wagon (www.audiowagon.com) will always be thankful to both Gaurav and Shadab for being the original brains behind the idea and for believing that it has merit. While I take the plunge of my life (with very little to call a parachute), I realize how important music and sound has always been to me. The last 500 self help books have all said the same thing …follow your dreams, go for what you believe in and chances are you will be successful (in whatever way you define success). If it feels right, it is. This may sound very simplistic, but there is no better way to judge whether you are on the right path than when it feels right. Listening to your intuition will tell you, loud and clear what is right for you, but here's the catch; you have to listen! Most of us are very bad at heeding the advice of our inner voices, and would take the advice of a stranger on the street before we would trust the whispers of our souls. This is a great obstacle to living your life purpose, because the only way you can really know the right path for you is to listen to your heart. When you learn to tune into your intuition, and follow its urgings, life feels right. Like it feels now. Thanks Gaurav and Shadab for working on the plan.

Comments

RBB said…
Wish you the very best AW. hard work has brought you this far and will carry you all to your goal/s.

Popular posts from this blog

Small towns ,breathe easy.

Saala Bh@#$%^&*